Admissions to medical school require diligence, hard work, and strong commitment. The decision to connect your life with the sphere of medicine is not an impulsive one. It is a well-weight and thoroughly thought choice. That is why preparation for med school should be taken seriously and well in advance.
When you start your preparation and crafting your admissions docs, you realize that medical school personal statement tips will help you come up with your own ideas on how to better structure your essay. This is the very moment when you can ask yourself how important is personal statement for medical school. And the answer is “very.”
When you choose the main ideas and topics to write medical school personal statement, focus on the ones that showcase your personality the most. You should be unique and describe your inner desire to study at this particular program.
Our guest today is Valerie, who has been an EssayEdge editor for more than ten years. Valerie has helped thousands of applicants craft their medical school personal statements and today will help you create yours.
The questions we will cove in this episode are the following:
- Valerie, how would you suggest covering these questions in the med school personal statement– “Why have you selected the field of medicine, what motivates and why medicine?”
- Unique hardships, challenges, or obstacles that may have influenced your educational pursuits. What is your recommendation for highlighting this in the personal statement?
- What if I feel that nothing that has happened to me is unique or worth writing about? What should I do?
- How do I even show I want to be a physician? How do I show, not tell?
- Speaking about extracurricular activities – should they be included in my med school personal statement and are there any extracurriculars that will give me a competitive edge?
- Diversity is not limited to race or ethnicity. It also includes experiences or viewpoints. The school may ask applicants to state what makes them different from the rest of the applicants or inquire about how they will contribute diversity to the institution or the medical profession. What is the best way to answer that?
- The admissions committee is reading thousands of medical personal statements. How can I make mine stand out?
- Advice for the applicants who only start their med school journey and focus on succeeding in this challenging admissions process.
Interested in how to make your personal statement stand out for medical school? Put on hold everything that distracts you this minute and join our EssayEdge podcast show. You will get a lot of useful information to create an impressive admissions doc.
Need an example of a successful personal statement to medical school? Check our samples page and get more motivation for your own admissions document.
Need help with the structure, style, flow of your essay for medical school? EssayEdge has editors to fit your requirements and help you create the document you will be proud of.
We started the Yellow Editor podcast not just to share useful information with applicants. This podcast’s guests are our editors, and it’s the opportunity to showcase themselves. If you have been looking for proof of EssayEdge editors’ competence, here it is. Do you need to get a med school essay editing fast? We can do it.
Please register to leave a comment.