Student’s applications ask for the graduate school’s personal statement or statement of purpose or statement of intent. So many similar names, you may say. However, each of these admission docs has its own purpose. They are totally different in terms of focus and goals. While crafting your graduate personal statement, an applicant should realize that this is the best chance to impress the admission committee without a face-to-face meeting. You should use this opportunity and showcase your candidacy so you were chosen among the rest of the applicants. But what is the way to do that?
First of all, let’s figure out what is a personal statement about? After that, we will easily come up with an idea of how to choose topics for personal statements. And of course, how to write a graduate personal statement at the time of Covid-19. Our guest today is Ashley, an editor at EssayEdge. Ashley has helped to create hundreds of pieces of writing including personal statements, statements of purpose, letters of recommendation, and many other admission documents for clients applying to top universities.
The questions we will highlight:
- What is the personal statement about and why is it so important?
- How to decide what to write about in a graduate personal statement?
- How to write a graduate personal statement at the time of Covid-19? Is it normal to highlight the mental health theme?
- Should the personal statement address the topic of “Why do you want to study at this university” or is it more about the personality, experience and goals?
- What role does the brainstorming play while crafting the admission doc and how does it help create the final draft?
- What is the most common mistake you come across while editing personal statements?
- What is your advice to all the applicants who are applying for admission this year?
In this episode, we will reveal all the personal statement mistakes and you will receive valuable feedback on how to ace your writing. Additionally, Ashely will give admission advice on how to stand out in this challenging process of admission.
If you are applying to grad school, and have difficulties with structuring your personal statement or other admission documents, check our Grad page for more information. Our essay editor will make sure your personal statement, admission essay, statement of purpose, or other document communicates your idea effectively and will help you succeed!
EssayEdge is more than just a graduate admission essay editing service you can turn to at any time. We have a blog replete with helpful information on admissions, writing, and editing. If you prefer listening, we regularly release podcast episodes where our experts share their knowledge. Do you want to test a specific editor? Place an order!
Please register to leave a comment.